Aerial 3D Models, Accurate Contours and Feature Extraction
Queensland Drones delivers on-demand, accurate and high quality aerial LIDAR mapping data for 3D visualisation, digital twin creation, vegetation mapping, contour mapping, volumetric analysis and more.
How Accurate is LIDAR Mapping?
Our PPK-enabled airborne LIDAR mapping sensor with fully integrated and calibrated 26MP RGB mapping camera delivers LIDAR mapping accuracy of 5-10cm without ground control points and 2-4cm precision when combined with accurately measured ground control points.
Use Cases for Aerial LIDAR Mapping
Our UAV LIDAR mapping and aerial LIDAR survey services are designed for:
- 3D modelling of buildings and developments
- Topographic mapping of land and properties
- 3D and volumetric mapping for mines and quarries
- Vegetation mapping for environmental management and agronomy
- Tree counts and tree metrics for forestry and orchards
- Precise elevation, contour and survey mapping
- Levelling, excavation and cut-fill calculations
- Archaeology and cultural heritage management
- Highway construction and corridor mapping
- Powerline mapping and vegetation modelling
Aerial LIDAR Mapping Deliverables
We provide a full LIDAR point cloud and RGB orthomosaic data processing service delivering BIM/CAD ready outputs including:
- 3D fully colourised point cloud (LAS, LAZ or XYZ format)
- ASPRS-classified point cloud (full or thinned to your specification)
- Point Cloud classified to ground, buildings, powerlines, vegetation, etc.
- Planimetric feature identification (vector mapping of structures and infrastructure)
- Digital Elevation Model (DEM – actual ground and ground-based structures)
- Digital Terrain Model (DTM/DSM bare earth model)
- Precise Elevation Contours (DWG, SHP or other formats)
- 2D high resolution orthographic imagery (GeoTIF or ECW format)
- Terrain profiling (elevations across slices of terrain)
- Water pooling projections (flood risk mapping, water storage planning)
- Volumetric calculations (cut and fill, stockpile, change measurement)
- Accurate height calculation of above ground objects
How Do You Access LIDAR Maps?
Once the colourised LIDAR mapping data and RGB photos have been transformed into precise aerial mapping deliverables, you can access them in a number of ways:
- Download from our Secure Client Portal – a cloud-based delivery system
- On a USB Drive – we can post the deliverables to your office
- On a Secure Presentation Platform – you can browse all kinds of mapping outputs on the internet
We suggest that you discuss your output requirements and how you plan to use them with our consultant before ordering your aerial LIDAR mapping survey, so we both know what to expect.
The Process of Drone LIDAR Mapping
Our aerial LIDAR mapping is not reliant on flight schedules or complicated setups. Our qualified and experienced UAV pilots can be on-site usually within a matter of days to capture the data you require. Most of our drone LIDAR mapping data processing is done in-house, so you don’t need to wait weeks to see the results either.
We can deliver the outputs of our service in formats you can load into your own BIM, CAD or other GIS mapping systems, or we can host your data in our own Global Cloud Server for you to access and share with others as required.
Aerial LIDAR Surveys – Working With Surveyors
Queensland Drones partners with registered surveyors to deliver precision survey mapping deliverables even over large areas. Our aim is to extend the reach of ground surveys using drones.
We can anchor our precision GNSS PPK system to a pre-surveyed point, allowing our PPK ground rover (for measuring ground controls) and our PPK aerial rover (for correcting LIDAR and photogrammetry images) to deliver near survey-grade accuracy.
Our air crew and ground crew can work on-site with your survey team, or independently as preferred.
Give Tony a call on 07 3103 0566 to discuss your survey requirements, or complete the enquiry form below and we’ll get back to you to discuss options.
Find Out More About UAV LIDAR Mapping For Your Project
Contact Tony today on 07 3103 0566 or complete the enquiry form below and we’ll get back to you to discuss options for how we can best assist you to achieve your LIDAR mapping and inspection needs.
Interested in a typical use case example for Drone LIDAR Mapping? Check this out:
Interested in what it costs to have an Aerial LIDAR Mapping Survey? Check this out:
We hope to add more case studies in the near future, so please check back regularly for updates.
Aerial Lidar Mapping Enquiry
Go to the full page to view and submit the form.