Drone Mapping for Mining, Construction and Quarrying
Queensland Drones specialises in precise mapping and modelling of large and complex mine sites, quarries and large construction sites, even in remote areas.
Sending surveyors out to build point clouds for large excavations, stockpiles and site redevelopment projects can be expensive, time-consuming and a risk to the health and safety of your staff. We can work hand in hand with your site surveyors to quickly and cost-effectively build very precise maps and 3D point clouds of your site in a matter of days.
Our aerial mapping services are based on precision PPK GNSS equipment which can provide precision of <2cm horizontal and <3 cm vertical across even very large sites. If surveyed ground control points are available, the results can be even more precise.
Our aerial mapping services for mining, construction and quarrying can deliver:
- High resolution orthographic images to <3 cm/px GSD even on very large sites (<2 cm/px on small sites)
- 3D point cloud, mesh or TIN to import into your CAD or BIM systems
- Digital Terrain Model (DTM) or Digital Surface Model (DTM)
- Classified point cloud (removal of vegetation, structures and non-permanent objects)
- Digital Elevation Model and Elevation Contours
- Breaklines for roads, structures, slopes and other features
- Water flow modelling for storm and runoff water
- Volumetric measurement for cut and fill
- Ask us about customised outputs for your specific needs
For sites with extensive tree cover, we can combine aerial imagery and Lidar point clouds to produce detailed ground images with precise surface modelling.
We are not surveyors, but our precision UAV mapping workflows ensure that architects, engineers, developers, surveyors and builders can use our drone mapping survey outputs to reduce both the time and cost of collecting accurate high-resolution data for large sites.
Contact us now for an obligation-free discussion and quote for your mining, quarry and construction site aerial mapping needs.